I almost forget to blog about the lesson learned from BjornLee’s Talk on Monday, here are some key points which I feel like to point out:
- Good marketing strategy ≠ Cost a lot of money
- 5 Steps of Customer Life Cycle – Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, Revenue. I think the presentation gives an awesome guide on Acquisition and Activation part.
- Try fast, this is really something I need to practice, a lot of ideas just burst because I didn’t try fast.
- Getting user feedback is an art. I still remember about the part he mentioned about how he spent so much time on understanding housewife life so that he could get best user feedback.
- A whole room of technical people listening to a ‘biz’ guy talking about marketing is really fun.
In summary, even through I am not going to be the one talking to customer in the future, it’s still useful to know these tips. In the end, I will be the one building the product, if I don’t know how to get feedback from my user, I can’t imagine what will happen then. :P